Sunday, December 22, 2013

Another waldorf doll and a small surpise for a sweet little girl

Hello everyone!

I have so many things to show you, which I made the last few months. But I rarely have the time to update my blog lately. We are moving right after the holidays to sunny and warm Gold Coast. So, you could imagine my house full of empty and not-so-empty boxes in every room. I love the excitement that comes with every big move (this will be our third so far :-) ), although I have a hard time leaving the amazing people we met in each corner of the world we lived. We will miss you all, dear friends, and we hope we will have a lot of opportunities to be toghether again, share our lives at least for a while and make some amazing memories!

I have to stop writing about our move now, otherwise I will get too emotional. 

So, of all the things that wait to be published, today I chose to show you a Waldorf doll I made for a sweet little girl, named Yana. Her mother asked me if I could make the doll as a Christmas present and I was so thrilled to do it! She chose all the fabrics and had some ideas about the dress, so I tried to follow all of her wishes and I think everything came together perfectly.



The dress has small buttons on the back, so the doll can be undressed. The wings are attached with small clear buttons too, so they can be detached and reattached too.
The doll is about 40cm high, made with bamboo jersey for the body, filled with 100% wool, and cotton and tulle for the dress.



When Yana's mom came to me with the fabrics, she was so excited, that she brought a lot more fabrics than needed for the dress. She had bought different types of tulle for the skirt and decided to leave me all of them, so I could come up with whatever I thought suits the best. Well, I ended up using some of the tulle, but a lot of it was left, so I just couldn't stop myself and make a little surprise for Yana and her mom. I came up with the idea to make a tulle tutu and a matching headband for Yana. 


I just loved the surprise and excitement I saw in Yana's mom eyes, when I gave her the present. She absolutely loved it and Yana looked so cute in it! This was my real reward. I just love making and seeing people happy! :-)




Merry Christmas, my dear friends!

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment